Adam Menges is a founder at Lobe and a former Apple employee, currently working on something new.
Adam Menges is a product designer, entrepreneur, and engineer located in San Francisco who specializes in artificial intelligence and visual programming languages. He’s a former Apple employee and founder at Lobe, a company acquired by Microsoft that aims to make deep learning accessible. You can contact Adam to find out more at adammenges.com, and reach out to him at email@example.com and +17204840285.
- The Timeless Way of Building by Christopher Alexander
- The Origins of Lobe - Adam’s first appearance on the podcast
- Figma GPT-3 plugin by Jordan Singer
- GitHub Copilot
- Pokemon GO by Niantic
- Dreams for PlayStation - A game to create games
- Horizon Worlds by Meta
- Proof of work vs Proof of stake
- Support-vector machines
- The Hive (mesh network)
- Google Magenta
- Moxie Marlinspike’s NFT that turns into shit if you buy it
- Helium Network Hints at Crypto's Practical Uses
Visual programming languages
- Quartz composer
- Facebook Origami for user interfaces
- Spark AR for Instagram filters
- Grasshopper 3d
- Autodesk Dynamo
- Davinci Resolve Fusion
- Unreal Blueprints
- Kyle Steinfeld
- Jordan Singer
- 00:00 · Introduction
- 02:45 · Visual programming
- 07:40 · Grasshopper
- 11:14 · Extendability
- 13:19 · Lobe's visual programming interface
- 14:31 · The role of visual programming
- 17:00 · HyperCard
- 18:11 · Accessibility
- 20:52 · Making programming easier
- 23:45 · Artificial intelligence for creatives
- 24:27 · Polarization and human-machine collaboration
- 28:12 · Pair programming with AI
- 31:39 · Software for gamers
- 35:45 · Healthy social experiences
- 36:27 · Hindsight
- 37:00 · Startup success and team dynamics
- 39:11 · Macro and micro focus
- 41:38 · Analysis paralysis
- 43:18 · Routines
- 45:09 · Ranking the news with AI
- 48:27 · Staying in touch with friends
- 50:40 · Zoom fatigue
- 53:35 · COVID
- 55:29 · Bitcoin
- 57:43 · Hacking NFTs
- 01:01:10 · A crypto use case
- 01:03:15 · Social FinTech
- 01:06:45 · Advice for young people
- 01:08:59 · Happiness
- 01:10:30 · Connect with Adam
I'd love to hear from you.
Submit a question about this or any previous episodes.
Join the Discord community. Meet other curious minds.
If you enjoy the show, would you please consider leaving a short review on Apple Podcasts/iTunes? It takes less than 60 seconds and really helps.
When you buy through links on Getting Simple, I may earn an affiliate commission.
Theme song Sleep by Steve Combs under CC BY 4.0.