Antonio García Guerra, PhD from the University of Oxford, on the importance of physical activity, social time, and information to be more creative and perform at your maximum cognitive capacity.
Antonio Garcia Guerra is a recently graduated PhD student from the University of Oxford. He was born in Badajoz (Spain), but grew up by the sea in Málaga. In his own words, "The sun didn't wash the nerd away." Antonio studied Biotechnology as an Undergraduate at the Universitat Autónoma de Barcelona. Before graduating, he took a detour and stayed in Boston (USA); where he was privileged to visit Prof. Ali Khademhosseini tissue engineering's lab at Harvard, and remained as a visiting student at MIT. For his PhD, he joined Prof. Andrew Turberfield’s laboratory at the Department of Physics at the University of Oxford, where he have developed novel theranostic CRISPR tools and several nano delivery systems for nucleic acid-based therapies.
"Whenever I have time, I love to go to music shows, and spend as much time as I can with my friends. I run on coffee, and enjoy pizza, maybe too much."
Connect with Antonio on LinkedIn.
- The CRISPR technique
- The Guardian
- El País
- Harvard Business Review
- MIT Technology Review
- The 80/20 rule
- In silico
- AND & OR gates
- Mindfulness: A Practical Guide to Finding Peace in a Frantic World by Mark Williams and Danny Penman
- Deep Work by Cal Newport
- Digital Minimalism by Cal Newport
- So Good They Can't Ignore You by Cal Newport
- Intro. [0:33]
- Antonio García Guerra. [1:03]
- Opportunities. [6:02]
- Sports, emotions, and information. [7:12]
- Creative collaboration. [12:20]
- The CRISPR technique [14:04]
- Media sources. [16:21]
- Information overload. [18:41]
- Meditative moments. [19:49]
- Daily routines. [23:28]
- Simple living. [24:56]
- Making smart drugs. [26:56]
- Genetic engineering. [31:36]
- Moral implications. [33:21]
- Your contribution. [35:09]
- Connect with Antonio. [36:46]
- When your best work happen. [37:06]
- Current projects at Oxford. [38:33]
- Technology. [40:54]
- A healthy relationship with technology. [44:01]
- Away from the screen. [45:36]
- Books. [47:02]
- Deep Work. [47:13]
- Mindfulness. [48:43]
- Having the maximum impact. [50:48]
- Success. [52:17]
- Role models. [54:32]
- A message to the world. [55:52]
- All the other things do matter. [57:00]
I'd love to hear from you.
Submit your questions and I'll try to answer them in future episodes.
If you enjoy the show, would you please consider leaving a short review on Apple Podcasts/iTunes? It takes less than 60 seconds and really helps.
When you buy through links on Getting Simple, I may earn an affiliate commission.
Theme song Sleep by Steve Combs under CC BY 4.0.