How to create good habits and break bad ones.
This episode is part of the Habits series. In this excerpt from my interview with Scott Mitchell (episode 29), Scott and I discuss what atomic habits are, how to use them to create good habits and break bad ones, how I started implementing them in my daily routine more than a year ago, the difference between flow and deliberate practice, and why you should schedule your leisure time.
- Habit tracker sheets template
- Deliberate practice
- How To Start New Habits That Actually Stick by James Clear
- Nono's sketches
- Interview with Scott Young
- Intro. [0:00]
- Atomic habits. [0:43]
- How to create good habits (and break bad ones). [2:59]
- Don't break the chain. [3:57]
- Meditation. [5:41]
- Writing. [6:08]
- Sketching. [6:32]
- Why? [6:53]
- Discipline, flow, and deliberate practice. [8:15]
- Scheduling your leisure time. [9:47]
- Things are not obvious. [11:15]
- Outro. [11:57]
Ask a question and I'll try to answer it in future episodes. I'd love to hear from you.
Join us on Discord and introduce yourself to the community.
If you enjoy the show, would you please consider leaving a short review on Apple Podcasts/iTunes? It takes less than 60 seconds and really helps.
When you buy through links on Getting Simple, I may earn an affiliate commission.
Theme and exit songs, Sleep and A Loop to Kill For, by Steve Combs under CC BY 4.0.