How to create good habits and break bad ones.
This episode is part of the Habits series. In this excerpt from my interview with Scott Mitchell (episode 29), Scott and I discuss what atomic habits are, how to use them to create good habits and break bad ones, how I started implementing them in my daily routine more than a year ago, the difference between flow and deliberate practice, and why you should schedule your leisure time.
- Habit tracker sheets template
- Deliberate practice
- How To Start New Habits That Actually Stick by James Clear
- Nono's sketches
- Interview with Scott Young
- Intro. [0:00]
- Atomic habits. [0:43]
- How to create good habits (and break bad ones). [2:59]
- Don't break the chain. [3:57]
- Meditation. [5:41]
- Writing. [6:08]
- Sketching. [6:32]
- Why? [6:53]
- Discipline, flow, and deliberate practice. [8:15]
- Scheduling your leisure time. [9:47]
- Things are not obvious. [11:15]
- Outro. [11:57]
Submit a question about this or previous episodes. I'd love to hear from you.
Join the Discord community. Meet other curious minds.
If you enjoy the show, would you please consider leaving a short review on Apple Podcasts/iTunes? It takes less than 60 seconds and really helps.
When you buy through links on Getting Simple, I may earn an affiliate commission.
Theme and exit songs, Sleep and A Loop to Kill For, by Steve Combs under CC BY 4.0.