How to create good habits and break bad ones.
This episode is part of the Habits series. In this excerpt from my interview with Scott Mitchell (episode 29), Scott and I discuss what atomic habits are, how to use them to create good habits and break bad ones, how I started implementing them in my daily routine more than a year ago, the difference between flow and deliberate practice, and why you should schedule your leisure time.
- Habit tracker sheets template
- Deliberate practice
- How To Start New Habits That Actually Stick by James Clear
- Nono's sketches
- Interview with Scott Young
- 00:00 · Intro
- 00:43 · Atomic habits
- 02:59 · How to create good habits (and break bad ones)
- 03:57 · Don't break the chain
- 05:41 · Meditation
- 06:08 · Writing
- 06:32 · Sketching
- 06:53 · Why?
- 08:15 · Discipline, flow, and deliberate practice
- 09:47 · Scheduling your leisure time
- 11:15 · Things are not obvious
- 11:57 · Outro
I'd love to hear from you.
Submit a question about this or any previous episodes.
Join the Discord community. Meet other curious minds.
If you enjoy the show, would you please consider leaving a short review on Apple Podcasts/iTunes? It takes less than 60 seconds and really helps.
When you buy through links on Getting Simple, I may earn an affiliate commission.
Theme and exit songs, Sleep and A Loop to Kill For, by Steve Combs under CC BY 4.0.