Host Nono Martínez Alonso and Aziz Barbar on non-fungible tokens (NFTs), blockchain, cryptocurrencies, and digital art.
Listen to this episode to learn about non-fungible tokens (NFTs).
Note that cryptocurrencies and stock options are highly volatile markets, and you shouldn't make financial decisions based on this episode.
Nono hosts the Getting Simple podcast, sketches things that call his attention, writes stories about enjoying a slower life, and records live streams and tutorials on creative coding and machine intelligence.
Aziz is an architect and design technologist. He occasionally teaches design courses on computation and the built environment.
- 'Beeple is looking at his whole body of work as it's presented on Instagram as a kind of Duchampian readymade' —Noah Davis
- Beeple (@beeple_crap)
- Foundation.app - “We're bringing digital creators, crypto natives, and collectors together to move culture forward."
- R//Motherboard by @maxwellstep
- Nifty Gateway - Owned by Gemini (Tyler and Cameron Winklevoss)
- “Minting” and “Gas”
- Beeple: A Visionary Digital Artist at the Forefront of NFTs
- Jack Dorsey sells his first tweet ever as an NFT for over $2.9 million
- Vignesh Sundaresan, known as MetaKovan, on paying $69 million for Beeple NFT
- Getting familiar with NFTs. [01:55]
- The cultural significance of NFTs. [05:22]
- The $69 million dollar auction that exploded the NFT world. [08:35]
- NFTs allow for a much clearer history of ownership. [11:44]
- There are thousands of cryptocurrencies that operate in different ways. [13:54]
- NFTs are created inside the Ethereum chain. [14:44]
- Privacy in the blockchain. [16:34]
- Minting an artwork costs money. [18:23]
- The environmental impact of crypto transactions. [21:05]
- Artists make limited drops to build hype around their work. [22:22]
- Moving from Proof of Work to Proof of Stake. [23:42]
- Have you bought an NFT yet? [26:02]
- You're not going to create value out of thin air. [28:04]
- Wrapping up. [29:41]
Submit a question about this or previous episodes. I'd love to hear from you.
Join the Discord community. Meet other curious minds.
If you enjoy the show, would you please consider leaving a short review on Apple Podcasts/iTunes? It takes less than 60 seconds and really helps.
When you buy through links on Getting Simple, I may earn an affiliate commission.
The cover image is a derivative from Imaginibus' picture of a museum frame.