What I've learned and what's changed over the past year, and new habits that seem to be here to stick with me for years to come, from meditation and writing and sketching habits to projects I've done and books I've read.
- "It's super fast to write 200 words. What's hard is for those words to communicate something meaningful and work as part of a story worth listening."
- "I've reinforced the feeling that gritty people get more out of whatever it is they do in life. Effort and perseverance win the long-term game."
- "The important part is creating a consistent and persistent habit first then focus on improving my skills."
Books I've Read
Atomic Habits by James Clear
Digital Minimalism by Cal Newport
Grit by Angela Duckworth
When by Daniel Pink
168 Hours by Laura Vanderkam
The Tipping Point by Malcolm Gladwell
Beyond Mindfulness in Plain English by Bhante Henepola Gunaratana
Thinking, Fast and Slow by Nobel prize winner Daniel Kahneman
Books I'd Like to Read
The Coddling of the American Mind by Greg Lukianoff and Jonathan Haidt.
Why We Sleep by Matthew Walker
Solitude by Michael Harris
How to Speak Machine by John Maeda
Awareness by Anthony de Mello
Originals by Adam Grant.
A Year of Transformation
- Intro. [0:40]
- Podcast. [2:08]
- Sketches newsletter. [2:23]
- Sisyphus. [2:35]
- Books I've read. [2:59]
- What's an atomic habit? [3:47]
- On maintaining habits. [5:52]
- My habits. [7:00]
- Sketching. [7:18]
- Writing. [8:44]
- Meditating. [9:44]
- The habit series. [11:20]
- Being gritty. [11:40]
- On digital minimalism. [12:08]
- On re-thinking your time strategy. [13:38]
- Call to action. [14:16]
- Wrap up. [15:28]
Thanks for listening!
If you enjoy the podcast, would you please consider leaving a short review on Apple Podcasts (iTunes)? It takes less than 60 seconds and really helps.
Here's how you can Spread the word.
Share this episode on Twitter or Facebook.